Terms of Reference
Updated October 2023
Newborn Resuscitation & Stabilisation Objectives
The NR&S Subcommittee aims to achieve several key objectives:
- Foster collaboration: Cultivate a community of practice facilitating the exchange of resources and expertise.
- Integrate Expertise: Harness clinical expertise and specialised knowledge to develop standardised, evidence-based newborn resuscitation training aligned with contemporary international consensus guidelines.
- Ensure Access: Advocate for access to top-tier resuscitation training and resources for healthcare professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Drive Research: Encourage sustainable research on critical aspects of newborn resuscitation and emergency care, along with robust evaluation of training programs.
- Advocate and Secure Support: Champion policy development and funding allocation for newborn resuscitation training and research with both governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Join us in shaping the future of newborn resuscitation and stabilisation!
We aim to include PSANZ members across various disciplines, clinical settings and geographical locations. We also seek representation from consumer representatives and champions of the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, Māori and Pacific Islander communities, as well as refugee and migrant families.
Together, let's drive impactful change in newborn care.